Desktop as a Service | DaaS | Cloud Computing | Cloud Desktop | Hosted Desktop | Sydney CBD
Providing desktops in the Cloud that are accessible online all of the time from any device.
The traditional approach to desktop computers
Traditional desktop environments require a considerable amount of resources, the most intensive of which are time and cost. Time lost performing installations, OS and software updates, configurations, troubleshooting and dealing with end-of-life hardware issues can be a challenge for all businesses, regardless of size. The inefficient use of capital due to maintaining a physical desktop environment is also significant with an annual per-user cost of AUD $1,200 per user. Please see the Vmware white paper “Desktops in the Cloud: Your Silver Bullet for Windows XP End of Life” for research of the costs.
There is another way. An option that challenges the premise of on-site computing power without compromising accessibility, scalability or usability: Desktop as a Service.
Phillips IT Desktop as a Service – DaaS
Desktop as a Service, or DaaS, are cloud hosted desktop systems that offer the computing power of a physical computer without the hassle associated with its maintenance. Cloud based DaaS platforms from Phillips IT are always on and accessible from any device that is capable of accessing the internet.
Cloud Hosted Desktops, a new kind of IT infrastructure
Implementing DaaS alters the landscape of your IT infrastructure in a powerful way. Cloud-based accessibility and management means that maintenance, support and technical configurations are entirely out of your hands — we administer and manage your entire infrastructure, giving you the time and resources you need to run your business. The savings are significant, with an annual per-user cost that is 33% lower than traditional physical desktop environments.
DaaS offers flexibility and scalability
A benefit that sets DaaS apart from other solutions, whether they are physical or virtual, is its inherent flexibility. Cloud hosted desktops delivered through Desktop as a Service can be deployed immediately, without the need for costly hardware provisioning and configuration. The rapid deployment capabilities of a cloud-based infrastructure means that user roles can be matched to environment requirements, such as Operating System and task-specific applications.
Leveraging data centre infrastructure via the cloud puts you in the driver’s seat in terms of scalability options. Virtualisation options can be easily configured, enabling you to expand or contract your infrastructure requirements based on your business needs. The rapid deployment of resources, coupled with a flexible pricing structure, empowers you to easily align IT requirements with capital outlays. Desktop as a Service puts you in charge of your budget.
By its very nature as a cloud-centric solution, cloud hosted Desktop as a Service offers the capability to address traditional PC support issues quickly and efficiently.
Meeting today’s challenges head-on
• Corporate Data: Maintain the integrity of sensitive data by centralising it in a secure data centre. DaaS enables you to offer highly configurable virtual working environments to your employees, hence negating the need for BYOD policies and the security challenges they pose.
• Usage and Policy Enforcement: Centralised cloud-based management means that you’re in control of all aspects of policy management and enforcement without compromising the user experience. As a result, users can access information they need, but cannot pose a security risk to your infrastructure.
• Cost Savings: The Desktop as a Service environment enables you to quickly decrease hardware-related capital outlays. Hardware approaching its end-of-life can be re-purposed for DaaS access while new hardware purchases can be limited to highly cost-effective thin client options.
• Automated Threat Management: The centralisation of a cloud-based infrastructure means the detection and mitigation of Internet-based threats are handled by a state-of-the-art data centre. The data flow is in your favour, with all in and outbound traffic essentially cleansed before it can pose any threat to your business.
• Platform Independence: With DaaS, users can access data from any device, whether it’s a PC, thin client, tablet (iPad, Android, windows), virtual machine or Chromebook. This capability gives you the option of managing workforce accessibility without compromising security.
• Accessibility: Leveraging enterprise data centre infrastructure via the cloud enables your users to enjoy pure mobility. As long as there is an Internet connection and a remote access client, your user’s virtual desktop will be waiting for them whether they’re in the office, on the road or at from home.
You can try a 14-day free demo of Phillips IT’s Cloud Hosted Desktop as a Service — no risk and no obligation.
Phillips IT offer IT Managed Services as well as Pay As You Go Support services for Desktop as a Service clients, for end users and their devices as well as your networks and other business IT infrastructure and systems.
Are you interested in the freedom that Desktop as a Service can offer your business? Contact us today on 02 8262 9900 to see if cloud hosted Desktop as a Service is right for you.